Sunday, January 25, 2009

Silent and Peaceful Chinese New Year...


Wow! It looks like in China..:P



Last night, January 25, the first Davao Chinese New Year was celebrated at Magsayay st., Davao City. The security guards and police personals strictly controlled along the areas where the celebration was held.


The Platinum Band entertained the crowd. Even though the songs were quite old, people still liked rock music. Wearing the Chinese favourite colour, red shirts with white spots, the vocalists made the audience more lively and enjoyable.



For around fifteen minutes, the Davao Chinese community showed the Dagron dance, Chinese traditional entertainment.

Mg Naing, my Burmese-Chinese friend,"Kong Si Fa Cai"!

Then, counting minutes at 5 minutes to 12 am, the moment of waiting for a new year gave a great excitement and a big joy for all. At 12 am, people shouted "Kung Tsi Fa Cai."! At the same time, people watched the direct cable show of New Year celebration floating full of colourful firework in Bejin, China.


I noticed some differences from this Chinese new year with the Burmese-Chinese one. Most of the audience were not Chinese last night. But, I did not doubt that a lot of Chinese people would join the celebration. I admired people here to share the happy moment with non-Chinese and the Filippino-Chinese likely felt the same as the non-Chinese did. Of course, these Chinese control most of the business in the city as well as the country.


In my country, the Burmese-Chinese people were different from the Filipino-Chinese celebrating that kind of events. Most of my Chinese friends went to worship in their temple and crowded inside it. Aside from a lot of the street-children loitering around the temple, I thought it was a place in China because the Burmese people did not join the event. It became exclusive for the Burmese-Chinese alone.


In my city, there were thousands of Chinese living and the places were like a Chinese city more or less.Usually, I used to stroll along the night-market stalls where people ate food with their friends and families. In the coldest time in my city, I enjoyed eating noodles and soup with different kind of species and flavor while they were very still hot.







If I could turn back the time, I would do it. Please keep opening your mind and enjoying your time fully and worthily...