Thursday, January 15, 2009

East Timor President comes to us!!



On Jan 14, President Jose Ramo-Horta came to Davao city for a lecture titled "Is Lasting peace an attainable dream" at 7th floor Finster Hall Auditorium of Ateneo de Davao University.

I was inspired and moved by his excellency's humility and simplicity. His vast experience as a peace-maker and activist for his own country, Timore, kept my mind and heart full of inspiration and admiration.

He used very simple words to make me understand his lecture clearly, which took almost 2 hours. Before I attended the lecture, i di some research online. Of course, I was so excited to see a person who led his beautiful country to achieve independent from Indonesia and won Nobel peace prize in 1996.

I am not going to exaggerate about him but I believe that he is a hero, loving-care father, true leader, and highly intellectual professor.



Some of his words are "peace is not absent of war but also absent of domestic violence,"

"Dialogue is the key to lasting peace"

"Mindano problem can only be solved if the Filipinos believe that violence is only futile but talk about peace seriously."

I did enjoy his lecture. I tried to take some picutures with my point-shot camera. It was worthless after all. Maybe my seat was quite far from him. I was upset about that.:P